Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Felt Christmas Tree

Over the Thanksgiving break my sister Emma helped me to make a felt Christmas tree that we've both been wanting to make for awhile now. This was something I pinned years ago, but never got around to actually doing it. Thank goodness Emma is more proactive than I am! :) 

It took quite a long time, but thanks to Emma already having made hers and all of the ornaments that she made for me, it took me much less time than it otherwise would have. 

I love how it turned out and the kids love it, too! Another craft win in my book. :) 


At first I just did a straight stitch to make the "branches", but then I decided to go over it with a zig zag stitch and I think it made it look much better. 




Lila really wanted to be in the picture. 


Just a little note… I purposely didn't make the stitches or buttons perfect. I like to think it makes it more like a real tree… ok, not, but that was/is my rationale. :) 

We're getting closer! Now it has buttons!


At this point it was almost all done. I just had to finish a few ornaments, but I never took pictures of them. Emma also made me more stockings with my family's names on them. :)

Thanks Emma SO MUCH for helping me do this project. I absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment