Thursday, July 30, 2015

Crafting and Projects

We love our new house but there is just so much I want to do to really make it our home. I really love creating things and doing crafts. Well Micah got me something that made me being able to do that so much easier. He got me a Cricut Explore! I LOVE it. I seriously have no complaints. I've made just very basic things for now because I haven't had a ton of time to do everything I want to, but I know that I'll be using this for years to come. Here are just a few things that I have created thus far. :)


I still need to paint this frame white.

This is just a random project that I made with my subscription. I know it's not Christmas yet. :) I was just so excited. 



I also have been working on our window treatments in our house. Using a great tutorial I was able to make these Roman shades for our bay window. They are by no means perfect, but that's kind of what I love about them. They're good enough that I'm not embarrassed and I'm pretty proud of them, but when you get close you can tell that I made them. I had so much fun making these. I'm going to make one for our kitchen window and for the kids' bedroom windows. Keep an eye out for those. 


Micah also built a rotating canned food storage in our pantry. I am SO happy with how it turned out. It has freed up floor space and utilized empty wall space. I love those types of projects. I love being organized. :) 

We've since added a shelf under the length of it to hold small cans like tomato paste, tuna, etc. It's so nice. Thanks honey for all of your hard work! (He even passed up going shooting to finish)

There's so much more I want to do for our house. Slowly but surely it will get done. 

1 comment: