Monday, July 27, 2015

4th of July

I love the 4th of July! I love fireworks! I love family time! I love my kids! I love food! I love freedom! I love so much about his holiday!

We decided to skip the parade this year. Bright is at that great age where he wants to be independent, but he definitely doesn't want to listen and I just didn't want to have to deal with keeping an eye on him for the whole parade. He also didn't make it to the fireworks that night, but we did spend the morning and most of the afternoon together as a family so he still got to enjoy his holiday. Micah was sweet and took Brighton home so I could stay with Lila to watch the fireworks. Next year he'll be ready and we can all enjoy it together. 

This year was especially fun. We went to my mum's neighborhood party. Um… it was so awesome! I definitely think we should do this every year, even if my mum moves. 

They had a candy walk for the kids and then of course they just threw candy to the kids for all those who didn't get anything. It was so adorable to watch Lila go for candy. :) She was really slow so when she actually got a piece she was SO excited.

After the candy walk they handed out popcorn, cotton candy, and balloon animals. They also did a little circus/parade show thing. It was really funny. They had their ward choir sing some patriotic songs and then we enjoyed a really great fireworks show. 

It was such a relaxing way to celebrate. We didn't have to worry about traffic. We didn't have to worry about a field of strangers. We just got to enjoy our 4th in a little neighborhood cul-de-sac. 
































I love this country and I'm grateful for the freedom that we have because we live here. 

I can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment