Tuesday, July 28, 2015

24th of July

I really love the 24th of July. The sacrifice that the pioneers made is just so unbelievable to me. I don't know that I would have had their strength, but I am so grateful that they were so strong. I love the history of this state and I'm happy that I get to live here. 

We don't tend to do too much on the 24th, but something that has become a tradition is the temple to temple 5k. It's a simple, but beautiful way to remember those who have gone before. I love it! My friend Emily did it with me this year along with most of my family. The kids did a great job along the route and we just had a really good time together.

Emma saved me by putting Brighton in her stroller. I really want one of those now.

Grandma was so good to help me push Lila. Lila just loves her grandma!

The first temple of the run… the Provo temple.


We made it! Thanks Emily for doing it with me. :)

The other beautiful temple. I can't wait until it's open. 

Most of us that did it.

We spent the rest of the day at home enjoying each other's company and relaxing. Then when the fireworks came at night, we woke up the kids and sat on our bay window bench to enjoy them. We didn't even have to step outside our door. We had a great view of a large part of our city and there were fireworks going off everywhere. Lila was in heaven. She really loved it. Brighton lasted for about 10 seconds then wanted to go back to bed. :) What a sweetheart.









It was a fun and simple holiday with family and friends… just how I like them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment