Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving Part 2

Due to the fact that we had Thanksgiving on Wednesday, Micah and I decided to do our very own Thanksgiving on Thursday for our own little family. I will admit to being nervous. I understood that doing a bird isn't actually that hard, but I had never done one. It was SO much fun! I loved creating an entire feast.

 

I started by getting the mashed potatoes in the crock pot… these turned out really creamy by the way. Then, I moved onto the turkey. As the morning progressed, I did little things, like prepared the filling and topping for the fresh apple pie, got the rolls, veggies, and stuffing ready, and set up our little table. I was going to do more for decorations, but then I decided simpler was better. 



 

When it was time to feast I was really excited. It turned out DELICIOUS! We had such a good time with our own little family. I was beginning to see what we would like look regularly in the future.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. We had our own Thanksgiving, too! It was awesome. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! Where did you get your recipe for the mashed potatoes in the crockpot?

    ReplyDelete