Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Micah and I decided to keep Valentine's Day low key this year, and I'm so happy that we did. We agreed that Micah would make dinner and I would do dessert. It turned out AMAZING!! First, I came home to Micah surprising me with flowers and working really hard on dinner. He tried a new recipe and made us Chicken Scampi. I LOVE Olive Garden's Chicken Scampi and so when I realized that's what it was I was sooooo excited. It really tasted delicious and just like the Olive Garden. For dessert I made an apple cake with cream cheese frosting, also a new recipe, and it turned out really nice. It has real bits of apple in it and was nice and moist. Anyway, it was a great evening and now Micah and I get to just spend the rest of the night together relaxing, and enjoying each other's company. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Chicken scampi is one of my favorite things as Olive Garden too! I've never even thought to try and find a recipe for it. Yum!
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete