Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day! Honestly, though, I think I like it even more with the kids. It's just fun to get them involved in a holiday about love. :) 

We tend to keep this holiday low key and just enjoy each other at home. That's what I like best, anyway, so it works out for me. 

Lila helped me decorate her daddy's door, the night before, with hearts that she painted. I also put streamers in front of the kids' doors for them to wake up to the next morning.
Then, the morning of Valentine's Day we had heart shaped cinnamon rolls (kind of ;) and strawberries for breakfast. Throughout the day we played Don't Eat Pete and then the kids went on a little treasure hunt and found some light up heart rings at the end. Dinner was delicious and very simply done. I used heart shaped chocolate boxes as part of the decor and table setting.  An idea that I stole from my friend Megan. Thanks, Megan! 
















My beautiful little girl!

Salmon... yum!



Look at this handsome face!


Mini cheesecakes. :) 


It was such a fun day. I love celebrating holidays with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment