Monday, December 29, 2014

Holiday Happenings 2014

This year felt jam packed with activities! They were done with my family though, so it was a lot of fun. We started off the Christmas season by going to "The Forgotten Carols" with the girls in my family. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that show. It always helps me to really get into the spirit of the season. I really wanted to take Lila this year because I know that she would love it, but kids have to be 5. I don't know if I can wait two more years!

The next day, we had our baking day. So much fun and so delicious as always! Here's a spread of all of our buckets filled with the treats to take home.


 I made the cheesecake cookie cups. They're the things at the very top of the picture above. They were really good. They took some time (probably took me longer than it would another person), but I felt like they were well worth it. Everything everyone made was delicious. I love trying out new recipes with my siblings. It's a great way to spend time together and try new things without having to do all of the work! 

This year we had the kids create brownie Christmas trees. I made the brownies (my favorite recipe, of course) and brought the peppermint sticks for the trunks, but my sisters Laura and Rebecca brought the frosting and sprinkles and that made all the difference. It was a fun way for the kids to participate in the day without having them do menial stuff.

Right after our baking activities the majority of my family participated in the Santa fun run. So much fun! Even Lila and Bright took part in the action. Brighton was very good in his stroller and Lila ran quite a bit of it. Eventually she did get tired and sit with Tracee as she waited for everyone to finish (Thanks Trace). It was so fun to see Lila and Brighton in the race. I actually ran most of it. I would've run the whole thing (as planned) but part of it I had to hold Lila and I'm not fit enough to carry her and really run. :) Once I handed her off to Tracee the race suddenly seemed a lot easier. ;)

I was way ahead of them at this point. ;) 

Lila and I were off to the bathrooms so we missed out on the ending photos. :( At least Brighton was there.  

Thanks Grandma for pushing Bright!

Look at the jolly runners. Again, I was ahead.

 






Lila hanging out with Tracee during the race. 


Hallie was very sweet and pushed Brighton for a good part of the race. 

The whole gang ready to go!

At work we decorated gingerbread men. My team decided to do gingerbread pirates after we read a book to our second graders about them. They turned out really adorable!

Here's mine:


My whole team:

I also made this wreath for my front door, but no joke, not even 24 hours later it fell off the door and broke. :(


I was sad, but no worries, one of my students gave me a door decoration as part of their gift to me. It smells so good and is beautiful! I wish my phone took better pictures.


Later several people in my family sang carols at a retirement home in Santaquin. They had this beautiful sleigh set up so we took advantage and took some pictures.






We also went caroling to some of our old neighborhoods. It was so good to see everyone!  

I think we did some other things, but I can't quite remember. Anyway it was a busy but awesome holiday season! 

1 comment:

  1. You have such an awesome family! I love all the activities you do together!

    ReplyDelete