Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Eve 2014

This year we decided to do Christmas Eve just at home. I'm really glad that we did. We combined some of my traditions with some of Micah's and did a few that are new to our family from the past few years.

We started off by making cookies for Santa. This year we decided to go with traditional sugar cookies. Brighton didn't really decorate… he just ate.



 Lila did a great job though. I was really impressed with her creativity. We made a lot of cookies but decided on just a few for Santa. 







Then we had soup for our dinner. This will be one of our traditions every year I think. I made a copycat version of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana. It was really good. I'm so glad that it turned out. I also made french bread. Yum! I finally got to use my snowman dishes. It's the first year I've done so. We also used my snowman baking dish to hold the bread and Christmas serving spoon and fork for the salad. The whole dinner was yummy and I had a great time preparing it and the kids had a great time eating it!









After dinner the kids had a bath and got into their new Christmas pjs. Lila was in heaven. She still loves Frozen… so do I. :) I couldn't get a picture of Brighton in his Spider Man pajamas. He just did not want to stay still. 



Before bed we each got to choose a Christmas song for the family to sing and read the Christmas story in the Bible. I also read a book called Away in a Manger that has Thomas Kinkade pictures of the nativity in it. We watched Frosty the Snowman then the kids went to bed listening to "The Sugarplum Fairy". It was such a great night and I loved having it be just my little family. I always loved this night with my family growing up, but I think I'm finally ready for it to be set aside for my own family.

No comments:

Post a Comment