Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pinterest Party

On Saturday all the girls of my family got together for a Pinterest party. It was a lot of fun. The point was to share food and craft together. We each brought a food item with a recipe that we found from Pinterest (for the most part) that we hadn't made before. All of it was SO good. We definitely need to do more of these to try out some awesome recipes.  



I made the Australian Milo cheesecake with a chocolate crackle crust. It was delicious. Definitely rich, though, so I'm glad we only had small slices. 


My cute nephew making a PB&J (not a Pinterest recipe ;) )


This Hummus was so good!


The crafts that we chose to do were travel pillows (AWESOME!), colored rice centerpieces (they turned out really cute), and a baby blanket to be donated to the NICU that Brighton was at as part of the Parent Support Group. When we first discussed doing this party we were unsure of what craft we wanted to do so we first planned on doing a service project (the baby blanket). I'm glad we chose to do it and we've decided that when we do craft parties in the future, we'll always include a service project.


 


Here are all of the travel pillows that were made that day. I made two, the light blue one in the middle and the gray one in front of it. They're nice because they fit so nicely around a seatbelt and they were super cheap to make. Thanks Bec for making up a pattern. 



These rice jars also turned out really nice and I'm excited to make more. I took home the candy corn looking one. (Aren't my nieces so cute?)

 

Finally, here is the baby quilt that we made together. Even the nieces and nephews helped. It was so fun having them participate in this way. My sister, Rebecca, just needs to bind it and then I can take it over to the hospital. 


It was such a great day and I love that my family likes to do this kind of stuff together. Thanks everyone!


Okay... also randomly I have to include this... Right now my sister and I are training for a triathlon we're doing in August. Well, we had just been swimming before the party (hence my awesomely good looks in all the pics) and so we had our swim caps there. You should know by now that Lila loves to wear things on her head. She insisted my sister, Jess, put her swim cap on her and then she proceeded to wear it around for about 15 minutes. It was awesome! At one point it was much lower and because they're so tight it was squishing her eyes. She still wanted to wear it though... what a silly girl I have! :)







3 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a party, I may have to borrow this one when my new house is built and get all my friends together. And an awesome idea with the blanket. May have to steal that one too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I'll have to do that once I make some friends after we move

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to do one of these parties for so long! Such a good idea since there are so many projects I want to try, but I don't have the motivation to do them by myself!

    ReplyDelete