Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Growing Up!

There has been so much change around here for Lila and all of us. She is now 7 months and there's not much to report in that area as she doesn't have another appointment until 9 months, so... no statistics. Despite this, she has come so far in her development. She has SO much hair, but it's all really fuzzy so it looks funny/adorable. I'm happy about this as I was sad when her hair she was born with all rubbed off. She still doesn't crawl, but I don't know when that will happen as she is moving all over the place by scooting, rolling, flopping, etc. She also can sit herself up. It's so cute how she does it, too! She gets up on all four and swings one leg across her body in front of the other one and then sits down. I don't really know how to describe it, so sorry if that didn't make any sense... just know she can get from lying on the floor to sitting up by herself. She really wants to stand and tries to pull herself up, but can't quite do it. She pulls on everything trying to get up, but she doesn't have the strength yet. It will be interesting to see how she continues to work on that. On Sunday I noticed the very top of a tooth coming through her bottom gums. You couldn't feel anything, but I knew I saw something. I mentioned this to Micah and he looked (although she made it hard:)) and was also able to see it. Finally today you could feel it and so I don't have to feel like maybe I was just picturing something. I know I mentioned earlier that she also says "mama" along with "baba", but I love it so much that I thought I would mention it again. She also already loves other babies and smiles, giggles, and "talks" to them every time she sees one. It's really cute to watch babies smiling at each other. She's becoming so much more vocal and is constantly letting us know she is around. She's even started to cry when we leave the room, even if the other parent is still with her. It's sad, but fun to see her cognitive development. Well this is just a jumble of stuff, but it's been a lot of fun watching Lila grow.

Also... guess what arrived!... her bookcase! Yay! It looks really cute in her room and I'm excited to have books in her room at such a young age. Now, the majority of her books still don't fit in it because I have so many for her, but I'm just going to rotate them out. I really do love being a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment