Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas 2016

We spent Christmas Eve and morning at home. We did our traditional reading of The Polar Express, and the kids got some new pajamas. I hadn't been feeling well since Thanksgiving (super annoying) so my energy level was less than normal. We used leftover gingerbread dough for cookies for Santa, and a prepackaged soup mix for our traditional soup feast. The cookies were great, but the soup was subpar. I'll definitely have to go back to making my own soup next year. Despite my illness, we had a great time!

Our Christmas Even dinner setup.


I got the poinsettia from doing the play A Christmas Carol at my school... it was a great!

The kids loved their new pjs. 


All ready for bed!


Before the kids settled down for their long winter naps, we read from the gospel of Luke and discussed what Christmas really is about. I love these opportunities to teach the kids about the true meaning of holidays and about their Savior.

Christmas morning was so fun. The kids were very enthusiastic about their presents (of course) and were very polite and happy. 














I love the looks on their faces. :)




My absolute favorite gift from Micah. I love it so, so, so much!

Aren't these ponies that Santa's elves made, so cute? 


After gifts, we headed to grandma's house. We were there long enough for opening gifts, but then Brighton very suddenly got sick. He had a fever and was acting really strangely. We missed out on dinner (sad face), but we knew we needed to get home. It's a good thing we did, as he threw up later that evening. 



It was an interesting ending to our holiday, but it also seemed to fit in with the rest of the month. We had all been pretty sick the whole month. Good thing we're incredibly blessed and have no reason to complain. It was still a wonderful Christmas.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment