Saturday, April 25, 2015

Tulip Festival

Yesterday my kiddos and I got to go to the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival. I was gifted a family membership there from the daughter of a really good friend of mine (Thanks Trudy and Madi! You're the best!) It was a very sweet and thoughtful surprise. We're looking forward to spending a lot of time there over the next year. :) 

Anyway, the weather was a little iffy yesterday afternoon so we almost didn't go, but I'm so glad we did. We went with Trudy and her sister and her sister's kids. It was so beautiful and not crazy busy because of the weather so it was just perfect. The kids LOVED it and Lila had the best time with some new little friends that she made (Trudy's sister brought her sons).  





I've never been to the festival before, but it really is amazing how many different types of flowers/tulips that they have. I loved the variety. 





They loved throwing coins into the wishing well/fountain in the "secret garden". 

Brighton LOVES water and got very wet. :) I actually took his shirt off and just had him wear his coat the rest of the time. 


They also really loved feeding the fish. 


Lila especially loved the statues of Christ. She and one of the little boys had the cutest little conversation after we were done looking at the sculptures. They found a tulip where the bulb had fallen off and Lila said, "Maybe Christ could fix it" to which the little boy replied, "I'm not sure that He has the tools." It was really cute to watch them hold hands and listen to their conversations. :)


We had a great time and I really think that we'll return to the gardens before the festival is over with Micah. 

I'm so grateful we have a place so close by that we can go and have fun experiences together as a family. Don't be surprised if you see a lot of posts about us spending time at Thanksgiving Point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment