Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day, Micah!

     I know this isn't going to make sense, but I debated writing a post because I didn't want to talk about how grateful I am for Micah just because it's Father's Day, even though that's part of it's purpose. I've been wanting to write about Micah for awhile and so I guess this is a great time.

    Micah and I have had a lot going on in our lives emotionally and physically for the past 6 months. It's kind of one of those situations where you feel like everything is happening at once and you're just waiting for a break, but it doesn't seem to be coming. Life really is good and we do have a lot to be grateful for, but I wouldn't mind a few changes to what has been happening. Anyway, I bring all of this up because I need to thank Micah for all that he does for me. The strength, support, and unconditional love that he has for me is incredible. He is my rock. He keeps me laughing, he helps me recognize blessings, he lets me cry to him when I just feel like I can't take anymore, he is always there for me.

   Every time I think about him I can't believe I was so lucky to have found him when I was so young. I don't believe in soul mates, except in my case... I know that Micah is my soul mate. Now that we're a little bit older and have two kids I get to see how amazing he is as a father. I LOVE watching him with our children. I know that Lila is going to have a special bond with her daddy because they already seem to have one. Lila constantly gives him kisses, asks him to come upstairs and play with her, drags him around the house to be with her, and takes him outside to play. He is always happy to see his little girl and he recognizes her as a daughter of God.

    Watching him with our new little son makes me hope that Brighton grows up to be like Micah. He is so gentle with him and concerned about his well being. When Brighton cries at night it's not just me that wakes up. Micah is always there to check on him, too. He is the best father for my children and I am so grateful I get to be his companion.

   Micah I love you and I hope you know how much you mean to our family. Thank you for all you do!

1 comment: