Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Lamb of God


Last night Micah and I were able to go up to Salt Lake to see an Easter production of the "Lamb of God" by Rob Gardner with my family. I love Rob Gardner's music, so even though this was his newest production and therefore I didn't know anything of it, I knew I would love it. Two of my sisters and another girl who is basically my sister were in it so we went up to support them, but what an amazing night it turned out to be. If you have known me for awhile or if you knew me before college you know how musical my family is. Micah always tells me that he has never met any family that is so involved in music as my family so that tells you just how much we do with it. Anyway, that's beside the point. What I'm trying to get at is that I love a huge variety of music, but I can honestly say that no music touches my heart like orchestral and inspirational music. There is something about the lyrics and the way that the instruments tell the story. I think this is why I love Rob Gardner's music so much. He centers so much of his best work on the Savior and His life. What better music can I fill my life with? I know that inspirational/church music is not for everyone, but I know that it has been a big part of building my testimony in my life. If you have any chance to listen to some of Rob's music, I would encourage it.

Like I said before it was such a beautiful production. While I don't need to go to a concert to feel the spirit, it is great to have a place to go outside of the norm. It's great to have a place to go with your family that you can really enjoy. It felt like such a great way to really look forward to the Easter holiday and focus on the real meaning behind it. Being a second grade teacher sometimes the worldly side of holidays stand out to me, but moments and evenings like this help to remind me of Jesus Christ. I truly hope that I can remember this experience and think about this time as a renewal.

There were a couple of scriptures that stood out to me last night that were incorporated into the concert. It just reminds me of the life of Christ and His sacrifice, but also of the happy message of Him living again. I know that my Savior lives!

Isaiah 53:4-5 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him: and with his stripes we are healed."

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto, not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

No comments:

Post a Comment