Sunday, June 9, 2019

ONE

My dearest Joseph,

   Today you are one. I cannot believe it! Baby boy, you are our whole family's pride and joy. You know, I prayed for you for a long time. I had to wait longer for you to come to our family than I wanted, but maybe that's how it was supposed to be. Maybe it helped me to cherish and love you that much more. A sincere longing in my heart and in my prayers was answered. Heavenly Father heard and answered me, His daughter. He answered me in the best way that I could possibly imagine; with a pure and gentle soul. I knew that our family was not going to be complete without another child, and that other child that I longed for was you.
   When you came into this world, I wasn't scared. I know it sounds strange, but I wasn't! I was with the first two, but I knew you were meant to be with our family. There was only peace and pure love in my heart, from the moment I laid eyes on you.
   Joey I want you to know how loved you are, not only from your father and me, but also from Lila and Brighton. I've never seen them adore, dote on, or love anyone so much as they do those things for you. Your sister and brother would do anything for you. Remember that in the future. They are people that you will always be able to rely on. They will always love you, for you are a part of their eternal family. They want to be with you forever and ever. They will always stand up for you, take care of you, and be by your side whenever you need them.
   Joey, you have brought the ultimate joy and happiness to our family. We were happy before, but I cannot describe how much you have exponentially changed the level of joy that we feel. We laugh more together, we play more together, we just love to hang around each other more. You did that. You brought us closer than ever. We always want to be around each other, because we always want to be around you. Your smile lights up the dark, makes our hearts swell, and reminds us of the everlasting love that our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ have for us. I want you to know how much They love you, as well.
   This first year of your life has been amazing. You've definitely given your father and I challenges in different ways than Lila and Brighton. You've also given us happiness in more ways than ever before. You had a hard start in life, like your brother, but just like him, you've grown strong and kind. I cannot wait to hear what you'll have to say when you really start talking. I'm trying to patient, but I'm very much looking forward to conversations with my baby. ;)
   I want you to know, Joey, that I have a testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He died for me, as He did for you, but also remember that HE LIVES! He is our Savior and Redeemer now and forever. Because of the love of our Heavenly Father and His Son, we get to live in this beautiful world and will one day return to a heaven unlike anything we can imagine. There we will have forever. Please stay close to Them. Please seek Them in your everyday life. Turn to Them always. Remember that YOU are a Child of God.
   Joey, thank you for being our son, our brother, our friend. Thank you for your incredible spirit. Thank you for bringing us closer to our heavenly family. Thank you for being you!

                                                                                                                  Love always,
  Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment