Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Payson Temple Open House

On April 29th, we had the privilege of taking our kids to the new Payson Temple. It is a BEAUTIFUL temple! I felt very strongly about taking my kids to this open house and was determined to be able to do it. Thankfully my awesome mother and sister made sure that we got evening tickets so that I wouldn't need to take off work (although I was willing to do that). 

On the way down both of our kids fell asleep in the car. Brighton gets TERRIBLE car sickness and so we didn't want him throwing up before we went in the temple so we gave him a little dramamine. We only gave him half of the pill so we gave Lila the other half. It worked like a charm. 




We hung out for a little bit before our turn started. 



It started with a video about the temples in the chapel next door. I love hearing the testimonies of others, especially the general authorities.

Then we were able to go inside. The dark African wood was so different and so beautiful. I loved seeing the apple blossoms throughout the temple and, oh my goodness, the stained glass was absolutely gorgeous! There were also A LOT of stairs, telling me that this temple is huge! 

Other than the Manti temple (for obvious reasons), it may be my favorite. The outside is just as beautiful as the inside. The spirit was so strong and it was so great to go through the different rooms watching my children be excited to see everything that was going on.

After you finish going through the temple you could go into a tent and see pictures and a miniature Christus. I was really happy that we saw the Christus, because Lila actually asked about the nail holes in Jesus' hands and I got to have a beautiful moment explaining some things to Lila and sharing my testimony with her. 







At the end they had a place where you could take a picture by the temple that they would then email to you.


I'm so grateful to have temples on the earth and that families can be forever because of them!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! I'm excited to finally go to the open house today and to be an usher later this week.

    ReplyDelete