Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Today has been a wonderful day. I have felt very loved and appreciated. For a few reasons I was excited for this year's Mother's day. I knew that Lila would be singing in church and since she's only done this once before I was really looking forward to it. I just love when the primary children sing, but I especially love it now that Lila is in primary. 

I knew that Micah was making a gift for me for Mother's day. He actually ended up doing two things. He built shelves in our garage, hallelujah!, and he made me a growth chart. I have been wanting one for  a few years. He did such a beautiful job! I love it, love it, LOVE it.


The kids also gave me cards this morning and made me breakfast.

Both of my kids have a cold, but it was really important to me that we all go to church together so we were all together for sacrament meeting. Micah then went home with Bright on and Lila and I finished church.  I really felt the spirit today and just loved everyone's lessons and testimonies. They weren't even just about mothers. It was a really spiritual day and a great day to reflect on my many blessings. My main ones being of course Micah, Lila and Brighton. 


After church I came home to an amazingly delicious dinner of steak, potatoes, and asparagus. It was so good! I can still taste it. :)

I love this day and not just because it's a day focused on mothers, but because it's a day where people are very open about appreciating others. I'm grateful for my blessing of being a mother and I hope to continue to become a better mother, wife, daughter and sister to those that I love.

1 comment:

  1. What a handy man you have. I love the last picture of your kids!

    ReplyDelete