Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Roll Over

This morning Brighton rolled over for the "first" time. (He rolled over once in the hospital and then once at about 5-6 weeks, but I don't really count them.) It's quite the funny story how we happened to catch it.

Bright was in his exersaucer when he started to get really fussy, so Micah pulled him out and he was covered in poo, mostly on his back. Whenever Bright has a dirty diaper in the exesaucer it gets everywhere. Anyway, Micah laid him out on a towel on his stomach so he could try cleaning up his back and immediately Brighton rolled over. He was very quick so it was unexpected. It also made changing his diaper and cleaning him up that much more difficult. ;) Every time after that, if Micah would let go of him, he would immediately roll over. It was so cute! He did it so well and easily it made me think he's probably been able to do it for a couple of days, but hasn't been on his stomach for a little while.

I thought for sure he would roll from his back to his tummy like Lila, but I guess he wants to carve out his own path. It's so fun watching him grow! I'm so happy that it happened before I left for work and so I was home to see him do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment