Monday, March 5, 2012

9 months!

She is 3/4 of a year old?! What?! I don't know what happened to make time go by so fast, but it did. I know I say this EVERY time, but this little girl is so much fun. She is the highlight of our lives. Lila has experienced quite a bit since she was only 6 months or even 8 months. Her numbers are so different than last time, but I'm talking about the percentiles. :) Her head was 17 in. last time and 17.5 in. this time moving her from the 79th percentile down to the 68th. Her weight went 17.28 lbs. to 19.03 lbs. moving her from the 73rd percentile to the 65th percentile. The funniest one though is her height! She went from 25.75 in. to 26.25 in. moving her from the 46th percentile to the 8 percentile! That's right our little girl only grew half an inch in 3 months. I was worried, but Micah said that the doctor wasn't worried at all, so I guess it's okay? She is very mobile and is apparently above average in that area, but I don't really know what that means. I love our little girl. She is full of surprises and brings joy to our lives every single day.

Some things about what Lila has done in the past month I hesitate to share as some people may see me as being a bad mom, but she is loving life. Let me start by saying that Lila will eat ANY food. We have not found a single thing that she doesn't like. We even gave her a little bit of grapefruit hoping for a bitter reaction, but she just wanted more! I'll have to try a lemon next time. :) So, she loves baby food, but food that isn't babyish that she likes is bananas, Indian food, grapefruit, grapes, potatoes, rice, bread, and there are a few more, but I can't think of them right now. We're thinking about her starting the sacrament next Sunday. The part that I'm thinking of with me being a bad mom is the Indian food. I figure though that in other countries they don't just give their babies really boring food, they often eat what the family is eating.

She can easily pull herself up and scoots along furniture. She also now stands on her own for a few seconds before she has to lower herself to the floor. She loves to go around in her walker, so she seems "close" to walking, but knowing how she was with crawling she'll probably take forever. :) She's very friendly and loves to smile, and now that she has TWO teeth she has the most adorable toothy grin. :) She also just barely tried a sippy cup for the first time. I know I'm a little behind, but she is pretty much a pro already. The first time, not so much, but she quickly got used to it. She has continued to sleep through the night. That's a lot to hear about my baby girl, but as you can tell we absolutely adore her. Here is a cute little video of her. It was just done on a phone so it's not the best quality, but it shows a little bit of our beautiful girl's personality.


2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about giving her tasty foods. I did a little research on this, and it seems only in America do we make our babies eat such bland, boring food. Give her whatever you are eating and let her try it! (I would be careful with spicy-hottness, just because it can hurt going in and coming out).

    Rachel loves Indian Food and Thai Food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her little pigtails in the video! Such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete