Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Heartbeat

Yesterday was very difficult for our family as we learned that one of our dear sweet nephews passed away. There were complications requiring him to be born 4 months early. In the end the doctors simply could not save this dear baby's life. The only solace that we have been able to find at this time was that this spirit was so special and so pure that all he needed to do in this life was receive his body and then he was able to return to the outstretched arms of our loving Heavenly Father. This especially hit me hard as I knew that I was to have another appointment this morning and was worrying about my own child. A huge wave of relief and gratitude washed over me as I heard the joyous sound of my own baby's heartbeat. I then thought about the joy that I was feeling as it was going strong, while others were feeling pain as another one stopped. It really is something to be extremely grateful for and just really helps me to feel so blessed and I just wish I could help my brother and sister-in-law more. I will keep them in my prayers and I now that Heavenly Father is there for them. It's hard now to know when to let others in the family be aware of our progress, but I know that they love us and are very happy for us despite this tragedy.

I have to admit that I debated posting this as I have several friends that are pregnant. Please know that I don't do this to scare you it's just something that has happened in my life that I needed to share.

1 comment:

  1. How sad for your brother and sister! You never picture anything going wrong when you find out you're pregnant. Hope your family is ok.
    How exciting that you got to hear the baby's heartbeat! It's so unreal to realize a little baby is inside of you.

    ReplyDelete