Saturday, September 29, 2012

It's been a while...

I have been crazy busy over the past few weeks. I have literally had something going on every single weeknight and every Saturday morning for the past 4 weeks. The weekends have been my only somewhat free time and I've become pretty lazy concerning blogging. I have loved keeping up with other people' blogs, but have not kept up with my own. It's really been reserved for me to spend time with Micah and the babe. I'm sure you all understand.

Even though I have been so busy I don't know that I have a lot to report. I'm really starting to enjoy my calling in YW even though I initially felt somewhat out of place. This past week we went to the BYU Women's soccer team for our Laurel activity and it was a LOT of fun. We won! It was good to be on campus for a sporting event again, even though I am grateful I live in Pleasant Grove and not Provo. (It's nice to be in a quieter, calmer area. :))

Lila's progress has been incredible over the past few months. That is the only thing that I really wish I would've kept up with blogging about. Good thing I record things in her baby book. I just want to put on here a few things that I love that she has been doing. A lot of these she has been doing before she turned 1 or at least for the past couple of months, but the amount that she does them now is so fun!

Her spoken vocabulary consists of just a few words still, but what she understands is amazing. Her favorite word is "hi". She also says "daddy" (not mommy anymore :(... I've heard of a lot of babies doing this, but it still kind of makes me sad), "mama" (she started again today),"what's that" (my favorite thing that she says), "who's that", "wow", "oh", and "ow". I think that's it. She also loves to blow kisses, walk back and forth between Micah and me giving us a kisses, being held by pretty much anyone (she is super friendly), waving good night, climbing on everything, building things with her blocks, going on walks where she actually gets to walk, being outside in general, and spinning in circles to make herself dizzy. It is hilarious to watch, because she always starts by walking backwards and I just feel like that is harder, but she loves it. There are many other little things that she loves to do, but either I can't explain them or it would better if I showed you a video. There is one thing that she started to do today that I hope I can catch on camera sometime. It is SOOO funny. She did it for about 5 minutes and was laughing hysterically because she thought that she was so funny.

Well she will be 16 months this coming week. I can't believe how big she is getting. She is GORGEOUS and she continues to be such a wonderful reminder to Micah and me about our loving Heavenly Father. We're so grateful to have her in our lives and count ourselves truly blessed.


This was a few weeks ago.

These last two were today.

She really wanted to hold the camera. :)

A few random pictures of her latest hairstyles... and one of her crying, but I love her eyelashes in it.

3 comments:

  1. Yws is probably soooo fun! How fun for you!
    Lila has the cutest ponytails! Love it.
    Good to read a post of yours! I have missed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie. She is getting so big. Love her eyes/eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete