Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One month and more...

I can't believe that my baby is 1 month old! I know that's not very old, but I keep thinking "where did the time go?" Lila has been doing amazing. I can't give you her stats today, because I don't have another dr.'s appointment until 2 months so I'm looking for ideas of how/where I could weigh her to find out? Any suggestions? There are other things that I can report on though. In the past month Lila has been born ;), held up her head while laying on her tummy for 30 seconds, smiled while sleeping, smiled while awake, stayed awake for longer than an hour, brought the most amount of joy to my life that I can imagine, caused me to lose more sleep than I can imagine, and brought our family so close together and many, many more things. I love this little girl more than I thought I could, and can only guess at what is to come next. I'm so glad she is in our lives. We're looking forward to the rest of the time we have with our angel. We love you Lila!



I figured as I was posting so close to the 4th I might as well talk about that as well. On Saturday evening we went and watched the fireworks at the field by Provo Temple. It was a lot of fun, and we got to spend some good quality time with family and friends. I LOVE fireworks so I was really excited, but nervous about how Lila would be. I am happy to report that she was GREAT. She slept a lot of the time and when she was awake she wasn't fussy, but instead she simply ate then went back to sleep. In the pictures I know she is all bundled up, but I wasn't going to take any chances. I just think it's funny that it is July and it looks like December with how I dressed her. Don't worry... she wasn't too warm. :) Anyway, on Monday we had a family barbecue where we also celebrated my birthday, which was a lot of fun also, and then watched more fireworks that evening in my parents' neighborhood. This 4th was low key but so much fun. I discovered something this year also. I realize that lately I've been craving spending time with my family, on both sides. I loved having Micah's parents here and then any chance I can have to be with my family is welcomed. Don't get me wrong friends, I love hanging out with you too, but I think I just really want to make sure I stay close with my family as we are close, and especially since having Lila I want to make sure she gets to know all of her family as well. I think the further along I get in life, the more important my family is to me. I'm excited that Micah, Lila, and I were so blessed to have such great family members on both sides.




4 comments:

  1. so cute! I dont feel like it has been a month! You wcould weigh yourself holding her and then just weigh yourself. Thats how i weigh my cat hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does your cake say "ACoo Louisa?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Payton looks like a little man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a long story but that's how my name was in my husband's phone from when we were just friends.

    ReplyDelete