On the 20th Brighton became 9 months old. He has changed an INCREDIBLE amount since being 8 months old. At 8 months he had 0 teeth… at 9 months he has 4 teeth. At 8 months he could barely stand against things… at 9 months he can stand on his own for 30 seconds at a time! (I think he'll be an early walker) At 8 months he had a pretty good amount of hair… at 9 months I'm already thinking about a haircut for him. His hair is coming over his ears. :) He is the CUTEST little boy I have ever seen. I can't get over his adorableness!!! I love his eyes, ears, mouth, nose, chunky legs, squeals, giggles, kisses, "hugs", teeth, and just everything about him.
- Absolutely #1… LILA!!! He adores his sister, he idolizes her, he follows her everywhere. I have loved so much watching the two of them interact and play together. She is a fantastic older sister and is always so sweet to him.
She was making him laugh really hard during this picture. I tried to get a good shot of the two of them without moving, because I knew I would distract them. It didn't really turn out, but I still love them interacting.
Here is a close-up of his face when Lila was making him laugh. I wish you could see it better.
- Food- he wants real food more than any other baby I have ever been around
- Toys- especially ones that he can really chew on since he has been teething so much lately
- Water bottles- he likes the noise and how cold they are
- Stuffed animals- he really likes Lila's giant bear Harold so we already plan on getting him one too and naming him Humphrey (after the bear in "The Ranger of Brownstone Park")
- Putting stuff into his mouth- dog food has been pretty common, we always take it away… please don't judge :)
- Other people- he's very much a people person, just like Lila
- Snuggling- I LOVE this!
He doesn't like:
- Being left alone- even momentarily
- Toppling over- his poor big head pulls him down all the time
He's a very happy baby, so I honestly can't think about much that he doesn't like. He has a great temperament. He is such a sweetheart. While I love watching him grow up, I also really want time to slow down. He's just growing way too fast!!
Here are his stats:
Head: 18.5 inches (94%tile)
Length: 27.5 inches (15.7%tile)
Weight: 18 pounds (23%tile)
We love you Brighton!